OptiRamp includes four Web Applications as part of the software suite: Knowledge Base, Web Analytics, Notification Server, and Report Server. These applications display trends, reports, and real-time and calculated data in Silverlight dynamic and animated graphic screens that are presented...
Power Generation Unit and Station Control
For gas and steam turbines used in power generation, S&C’s control solutions include additional features:
- Manual speed control capability
- Protective override for overspeed and critical speed
- Automatic start-up and shutdown sequencing
- Precise extraction control
- Load control for synchronizing multiple generators
- Power droop (active power control), characterized valve droop (position control), and isochronous (frequency control) modes
Station control solutions for power generation provide two critical forms of control:
- Active Power/Frequency Control (P/F) limits active power grid exchange, ensures proportional load (MW) sharing among generators, and controls frequency in islanded conditions.
- Reactive Power/Voltage Control (Q/V) regulates bus bar voltage, ensures proportional reactive power (MVAR) sharing among generators and transformers, and limits reactive power exchange with the grid.