Over the course of the last couple months, S&C implemented a quality management system with the ultimate goal of becoming ISO 9001:2008 certified. A certification assessment was recently conducted to ensure that this system addresses the proposed scope of the ISO...
Power Generation Unit and Station Control
For gas and steam turbines used in power generation, S&C’s control solutions include additional features:
- Manual speed control capability
- Protective override for overspeed and critical speed
- Automatic start-up and shutdown sequencing
- Precise extraction control
- Load control for synchronizing multiple generators
- Power droop (active power control), characterized valve droop (position control), and isochronous (frequency control) modes
Station control solutions for power generation provide two critical forms of control:
- Active Power/Frequency Control (P/F) limits active power grid exchange, ensures proportional load (MW) sharing among generators, and controls frequency in islanded conditions.
- Reactive Power/Voltage Control (Q/V) regulates bus bar voltage, ensures proportional reactive power (MVAR) sharing among generators and transformers, and limits reactive power exchange with the grid.