OptiRamp includes four Web Applications as part of the software suite: Knowledge Base, Web Analytics, Notification Server, and Report Server. These applications display trends, reports, and real-time and calculated data in Silverlight dynamic and animated graphic screens that are presented...
OptiRamp® for Steam Generation
Advanced Process Control for Steam Production
OptiRamp SG is a real-time hydraulic model and advanced process control solution for optimizing steam generation, distribution, and corresponding water and fuel supply systems. By monitoring real-time performance of boilers and HRSGs, OptiRamp determines the best strategy for load sharing based on current conditions and demand. Set points are displayed as advice on the operator’s HMI or are directly fed to the control equipment for closed-loop control.
Transient vs. Static Modeling
A potential challenge for static-state models is that what may make sense for current loads and conditions may not make sense when considering what will likely happen in the near future. OptiRamp’s Scheduling Module accounts for future events and forecasts. For example, based on current demand, a static-state model may determine that bringing another boiler online would be economically beneficial; however, when considering that demand traditionally drops thirty minutes later, the costs to do this may not make sense. By making these considerations, the optimization algorithm becomes intuitive.
Features and Benefits
- Determine the optimal number of running units and ideal set points for boilers, HRSGs, and duct burners based on real-time demand, performance, constraints, and forecasts.
- More closely match production with load demands in the most economical way.
- Reduce unplanned maintenance to ensure fewer process interruptions.
- Reduce fuel costs and emissions.
- Increase stability, throughput, and profitability.