Over the course of the last couple months, S&C implemented a quality management system with the ultimate goal of becoming ISO 9001:2008 certified. A certification assessment was recently conducted to ensure that this system addresses the proposed scope of the ISO...
OptiRamp® for Power Generation
Increased fuel costs, electrical demand, and emission requirements are a continual challenge for producers of power to improve production efficiency. OptiRamp for Power Generation (PG) helps meet this challenge in a powerful way. OptiRamp PG is a complete Advanced Dispatch Control System (ADCS) for optimizing production and exchange between electrical energy producers and consumers.
For cogeneration operations, including heat recovery steam generators (HRSGs), OptiRamp PG can be used in tandem with OptiRamp SG for steam generation and distribution to provide a complete enterprise optimization and control solution.
- Determine optimum number of operating units and distribute load sharing based on real-time performance curves.
- Monitor and control reserve capacity with appropriate safety margins.
- Monitor, control, and schedule grid exchange.
- Control network frequency in islanded status.
- Analyze the network structure based on the state of breakers and transformer tap changers.
- Control voltage and reactive power sharing throughout network.
- Function in operator advisory mode or closed-loop control mode for millisecond response to process disturbances.
- Schedule production forecasts according to future demands and constraints.
- Optimize and control various objectives, such as minimal heat rate, minimal fuel consumption, minimal cost, and maximum profit.
- Consider multiple fuel sources, emissions constraints, and other operational factors.
- Create network load shedding priorities.
- Simulate based on real-time conditions for “what if” analysis. The simulator interfaces with plant-specific HMI for off-line operator training.
- Identify and validate opportunities for process improvements and cost saving measures.
- Monitor equipment degradation for planning predictive maintenance.
- Improve reliability.
- Reduce fuel consumption.
- Reduce emissions.
- Improve profitability.